Feature Car - Our ocassional visual quick look at
driver, car and the cosmetic/functional goodies. Want to share yours? Contact us!
Daniel & Ting Ting, the couple/owners whom we met in the local(Singapore) car scene.
Their previous shiny red Honda Accord Euro R left a deep impression on us during our first few meet ups. The hand polished, always showroom shine condition ride.
They have ‘upgraded’ since.
- Stock Look, in Ralliart Blue.
- Fully Forged Cosworth 2.0L Engine built by 833 Motorsports
- Custom Shift Extender from 833 Motorsports
- Tuned by Alex (833 Motorsports)
- Synaps BOV
- AEM Methanol Kit
- HKS Kansai Carbon Airbox
- Nardi Challenger 330mm Steering
- 18" Enkei RPF1
- BC Coilovers
- HKS Hi-Power Exhaust System with HKS GT Extension Kit
- Too many to list!
Q: Why the Evo X from a Accord EuroR?
I’ve wanted to try a turbo car, as I always had a passion for turbo cars. It was something entirely different from NA.
Q: What’s your bike/car ownership history?
I started riding my first Class 2 bike in 2012, a Ducati 1098S Followed by a BMW S1000RR in 2013, Honda Accord Euro R in 2014, Mitsubishi Evolution X 2015(Current)
Q: What’s the best thing you like about in the Evo X?
The power it holds in just a 2.0L engine! Horsepower seems to be limitless on an Evo.
Q: Any coming plans for the Evo X (be it cosmetic or performance)?
I guess it’s unpredictable when it comes to an Evo X, it’s a neverending journey of modifications and perfecting your ride.
Q: What was the best one thing you like about in the Euro R? Any regrets 'upgrading’?
Pedal to the metal for VTEC. But when I got the Evo I have never looked back since, the turbo attraction is just too strong and everyone really needs to drive an Evo AT LEAST ONCE in their life.
Q: If money and car availability wasn’t an issue, what car would you get?
Q: Whats the craziest thing that has happened to you when driving in the Evo X?
Drifting! Happened too fast but now I’m trying to learn the ropes to get the correct technique!
Q: Last question, are you a carsiao!!!!
Looking at the rides history and now this beast, yes, definitely a car siao! We approve!
Ride DRIFT safe! May the force be with you!
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X fun facts:
- The Evolution was originally intended only for Japanese markets.
- Mitsubishi stated that the Lancer Evolution would ceased by end of March 2016.
- GSR Tuned by RALLIART – The Ralliart version was launched again in 2007, this limited edition for Lancer Evolution X is exclusively tuned by Mitsubishi Ralliart Japan equipped with 5 speed manual transmission.
- In 2009, the Royal Malaysian Police acquired a fleet of the Lancer Evolution X to be used in high-speed pursuits.
Photo credits: Tony