Feature Car - Our ocassional visual quick look at
driver, car and the cosmetic/functional goodies. Want to share yours? Contact us!
Meet Benjamin and Jordan with their clean looking Swifts. Very practical modifications and no nonsense pocket rockets.
A midnight shoot at 2 locations in the North-East region of Singapore. Enjoy the photos and the Q&A.
Q: Why did you choose this car?
Jordan: It’s a fun car with very high torque. The only downside is the space.
Benjamin: I chose this Suzuki Swift Sport as my 2nd car because there is potential in its performance. It can be really nimble through traffic, especially when our roads are always having traffic jams. I also feel that it is more user friendly in Singapore.
Q: What would be your ideal modifications and ideas behind it?
Jordan: To be honest, the car is already fully done up to what I’m looking for. The only ideal modification for me now is to change the exhaust system to sunline racing 60RRS. It is louder compare to my current HKS.
Benjamin: I would like to build up this pocket rocket to be very different from others. I wish to make it stand out from others as this car is way too common on the road. If I can, I want it all in Carbon. Hahaha!
Q: What’s the one favorite thing you like about your car?
Jordan: The rims! I really love the rims as it really stands out.
Benjamin: I love this car! The performance and the sporty looks! Small yet cosy!
Q: What’s the most #carsiao thing you ever did with this car? (Be it cosmetics or performance)
Jordan: The rear diffuser! It came off and I didn’t put it back because it’s actually not bad looking.
Benjamin: [Response removed, too #carsiao]
Q: If your girlfriend/wife tells you to get a family sedan and nothing sporty/performance, what will you say to convince her that it is not just about point A to point B?
Jordan: If my dad can convince my mom to sit in a sporty car, I’m sure i can. You know it runs in the family. Haha.
Benjamin: I can only say they should know me well enough. I don’t have much or I should say no interest at all except this strong passion in cars. Please don’t remove my one & only love passion in life.
Q: What’s the next project for the car?
Jordan: A brand new coat of paint to something more unique and not the common yellow or white SSS.
Benjamin: Well, next project in my drive will be the Big Brake Kit and more Carbon.
Thanks for your time “Double Trouble”! Kopi on us next time! Ride safe and go chase your dreams! Stay legal and stay out of trouble!
Suzuki Swift fun facts:
- The Suzuki Swift has won more than 60 Awards including Car of the Year awards since its introduction as a global model.
- Most fun to drive car in Japan Car of the Year awards 2006.
- In Thailand, the Swift is built locally and is part of the Thai government’s eco-car program.
Source: Wiki Suzuki Swift
Photo credits: Tony
- Freaking stock M16A
- Carbon Fiber Bcrew Intake Box
- Carbon Fiber Fuse Box Cover
- ECU Reflash by Project S
- Sunline Racing 60RRS Single Muffler
- Volk Racing CE28 10 Spoke Forged 16 inch
- BC BR Coilovers
- ULTRA Racing Cabin Bar
- CUSCO Front Anti Roll Bar
- SUMMIT Rear Anti Roll Bar
- Project S Fender Bars
- Project S Boot Bar
- BRIDE Zeta III with Silver Backing (Driver) FIA Approved Full Bucket Seat
- BRIDE Zeta III with Silver Backing (Passenger) FIA Approved Full Bucket Seat
- BRIDE Tuning Pad (Driver Head Support Pad) X 01 Piece
- BRIDE Tuning Pads (Side Support Pad) X 01 Pair
- BRIDE Tuning Pads (Knee Support Pads) X 02 Pairs
- BRIDE Tuning Pads (Lumbar Pads) X 02 Piece
- BRIDE Graduation Fabric wrap on Rear Seat
- BRIDE Custom Fabric Handle Brake Cover
- MIKI POWERAILS Type B Superlow with Double Locking (Driver & Passenger)
- DEFI Advance ZD ClubSport
- APEXI RSM Black Edition with Stand
- Genuine NARDI Deep Corn 350mm Deep Dish Steering
- Worksbell Japan Slim Hub Bosskit
- MONSTER SPORT - MSE Clutch Pedal
- Carbon Fiber Driver Dashboard Garnish Add On Panel
- Carbon Fiber Gear Shifter Garnish Add On Panel
- Suzuki Sport Footrest
- Project S Aluminium Floor Panel
- TRUST Greddy Carbon Grill
- Carbon Handle Add Ons
- SUNLINE RACING Carbon Fiber Spoiler
- Monster High Cam
- RRP 4.7 Final Drive
- Ogura Super Single Clutch With Lighten Fly Wheel (HARD LIKE FUCK NOT NICE TO STEP)
- RRP Clutch Slave Cylinder
- RRP Reinforced Push Rod
- Suzuki Sport Full Intake With Blitz Sus Filter
- Spoon rigid collar
- Hard race engine mounting
- RRP ECU
- HKS Legalmax (NO SOUND USELESS PIPE. HAHA.)
- KW V3 Coilover
- Original TE37 Gravel 16"
- Original Rays Locknut
- AD08R Tyres
- Cusco 4 Point Brace
- Cusco Strut Bar
- Cusco Front Anti Roll Bar
- UR Rear 2 Point Brace
- PJS Fender bar
- PJS Rear Anti Roll Bar
- Original Carbing Boot Bar
- TWM Rotors
- HD Kevlar Brake Hose
- ChargeSpeed CF Bonnet
- Monster Spoiler
- No Diffuser (cos Lacerboy say raw is war. Haha(sic))
- Defi BF With CU2
- Apexi RSM Black Edition
- CF Speedometer Garnish Add On
- CF Gear Stick Area Garnish Add On
- Original MOMO Seat
- Original Bride Rail
- Original Monster Gear Knob
- Original Personal Steering Wheel (i dont knw what model)
- HKB Bosskit
- Rockford Component Speakers
- Rockford Tweeter
- Rockford Punch Mono Amp
- Rockford Prime Subwoofer
- Mosconi 4ch Amp